Venus Reborn 2008
After the success of the Decodance feature, celebrity designer Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen was invited back for a second year running to create a new section for the Illuminations. The result was Venus Reborn, the first theatre tableau to be created, which features a 15 minute show of sound, light and water effects.
In my opinion, this is the best feature we have ever made, but you really need to go down and see it in action to appreciate it. The show is made to encourage visitors to get out of their cars and see a little more of what Blackpool has to offer, and I think if you do you won't regret it. This feature is very beautiful and with the classical music playing and fountains dancing, it is also strangely moving.
I helped make some of wooden figures and also painted the light boxes which form the backscene.
Venus Reborn animated tableau designed by Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen lit up blue - Venus Reborn 2008 - Blackpool Illuminations Gallery - © Sarah Myerscough
Venus Reborn animated tableau designed by Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen lit up red - Venus Reborn 2008 - Blackpool Illuminations Gallery - © Sarah Myerscough
What are Blackpool Illuminations?
If you have landed on this page from Google or another search engine or from a link on a website, you might just be wondering what you are looking at.
Venus Reborn 2008 is a feature within Blackpool Illuminations, the greatest free light show on earth, where Sarah Myerscough (me) works as an artist. The Illuminations are an annual event that takes place from late August / early September to November, along six miles of the promenade in Blackpool, a seaside resort in the North West of England.
Blackpool itself is the most visited seaside resort in Europe and provides family entertainment throughout the year. It has three piers, the 518ft Blackpool Tower featuring an excellent circus, miles of golden sands, a huge amusement park (Blackpool Pleasure Beach), a waxworks (Madame Tussaud's), a Sea Life Centre, a Ripley's Believe It Or Not, a zoo (Blackpool Zoo), two major theatres (Grand Theatre and The Opera House), dozens of amusement arcades (including Coral Island), a water park (Blackpool Sandcastle) and much, much more...
Where should you go next?
If you have landed on this page by chance and are wondering where to go next:
- For more behind the scenes photographs of the Illuminations, select another page from the Blackpool Illuminations Gallery menu.
- For information about my life as an artist, take a look at my Timeline pages.
- If you are interested in purchasing artworks, take a look at my For Sale pages.
- If you're not sure what you want, why not try my Lucky Dip?
- Finally, if your appetite has been whet for a visit to Blackpool, take a look at my About Blackpool pages for links to Blackpool attractions, accommodation, events and more, but don't forget to bookmark me and come back some time!